While the majority of requests are successful, it's very important to keep in mind that submitting a request does not guarantee that it will be filled. Reasons you may receive an unfilled notification:
- None of our lending partners own the item
- The lending partner may have policy restrictions that prevent lending the copy
- this is more common with physical items like books
If you feel you have received an unfilled message by mistake or if you have questions, please contact the library.
- Search for your item in OneSearch, the library online catalog
- If the item does not come up in your search in OneSearch, click on "expand your search" at the top of the page:
- Locate the item and click on "Get it for me from other libraries"
- If promoted, please "sign-in" using your KansasCOM email address and password
- Once signed in, click on the "Get a digital copy:" icon:
- Monitor your email, as articles and chapters will arrive in your inbox within a few hours to a few days
Frequently Asked Questions
- Question: Can I use Interlibrary Loan Digital Borrowing?
- Answer: Only currently registered and active students, faculty, and staff are able to utilize the Library's Interlibrary Loan Services.
- Question: What can I request?
- Answer: Please refer to the table below:
| We Can Request
||We Cannot Request
- Journal articles
- Magazine articles
- A Single Book Chapter*
- Books or eBooks
- Whole Journal Issues
- Streaming Videos
- More than One Book Chapter**
|* For both physical and electronic books
||** This is due to copyright restrictions
For information about borrowing physical print materials such as books, please contact the library.